Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Art Auction = SUCCESS

Had an awesome experience last Sunday afternoon!! I donated a couple of art pieces to an auction to raise money for Jerry's Kids. Dalton Black of Kiowa, Kansas has MDA and has a fund raising campaign every year. Dalton is just a kid himself, with a ginormous heart!! Love it!! Jamie Terwort, of Barefoot Art Studio helped organize and set this auction up to help Dalton in his fund raising efforts!! I was just so moved and touched at the outpouring of love and support he received!

I actually went to the auction to watch. Jamie is a great friend and I wanted to support her by being there. She had told me that she would be thrilled if the auction raised $500. Well, it far exceeded that!! I want to show you the two pics I donated. I wish I had pictures of some of the other amazing, amazing, far more amazing than my art, that was there.

"Bob" An acrylic on canvas, 18"x24"

"Just Getting Started" acrylic on sprayed canvas 18"x24"

Sorry for the cruddy pictures (taken with my phone). I was pretty excited that Mrs. Jamie Terwort called and asked me to donate some art. Who would have thunk it!! I was super stoked! Both pieces sold for far more than I would have sold them, so I thought that was cool!

On to the good part. You all ready for this. An auction in a town of less than 200 people (there were less than 100 people at the auction), raised . . .  over $10,000. Yes, that is the real number over ten thousand dollars!!!!!! Isn't that just super, wonderful, great and awesome!!! Give the good Lord some praise people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment