Monday, December 19, 2011

Crayon Art Madness!!!

I am a tad addicted to pinterest. I find fantabulous ideas and HAVE to try them. I came across the super fun crayon art craze and thought I gotta give it a go!! So much fun, so easy!

Here is how it is done: 1. Protect your surface this can be messy! 2. Grab a cheap canvas.  3. Hot glue crayons to board wherever you want them. 4. Use a hairdryer and melt those puppies! This step takes a bit of time. So be patient. If you have a handy dandy heat gun it will go faster. Just have fun with it!! I tilted the canvas against a chair so that the crayon would melt in the direction i wanted.

Here are a few pictures of our fun!! The flag one at the bottom, I used an iron to flatten the crayons first (make sure you put some foil between the iron and your crayons), then i used the hair dryer.

Have FUN!!!

First go at it, not to shabby!
Little bit's firecracker! She was the bomb at this project!
Little bit's "Blue".
This is my try at a heart, kinda nifty!

My favorite one! Melted crayon flag!!





No comments:

Post a Comment