Monday, January 30, 2012

Momentum Theorem- Debt Update

Never Say Never, bwahahahahahaha. I was just telling everyone how it takes me a month between posts to write again. I have even had a post about sucking at posting. I NEVER HARDLY EVER write more than one post a month. Well guess what, I am going to write two in a week!!! Take that my underachieving overactive imagination.

The Devil has been toying with Tommy and I at every imaginable time possible lately. We got excited about our tax return. Our homeowners insurance on both houses decided to cancel on us. We got ahead. Everyone in the house decided that the local Dr's and emergency room needed some financial help. We have felt amazing spiritually. Physically everyone of us has been broke down. Seems like I am being a tad bit of a whiner, bear with me though. You see everyday something has happened that we didn't plan on and we definitely didn't like. BUT. We have been living by faith. By that I mean, we have been believing not that God can do it, but that he will. You see, the insurance cancelling hasn't changed our plans one bit, we have faith that we will find replacement for both houses in time. We will still put the roof on and pay off the student loans. The Dr's visits and emergency room didn't put us behind because we have been faithfully following our budget, and there was money there for emergencies. Physically we have all recovered. I guarantee you that it is because of our spiritual health though.

I want to focus on something else for a bit: Momentum Theorem
I actually saw this written on a tablet by Tommy's computer. Which I am typing on because mine took a nosedive off the black screen deep end and has yet to recover. Stinkin devil.
Anyway, Momentum Theorem. Here is how it goes (insert drum roll) Focused intensity over Time Multiplied by God equals Unstoppable Momentum. This awesome little theorem was on one of Dave Ramsey's Cd's. Explains a ton of the genius behind it. To top it off it is pretty self explanatory.

Focused Intensity

Setting goals and working your hiney off = Focused Intensity. You HAVE to set some goals. Lots of goals. When we first started this journey toward debt freedom our goals were smallest to largest. As in smallest debt to largest. Sell this, sell that, find a way to make a little more money, QUIT WHINING about your current situation if you aren't willing to do anything about it!! That last one was my goal!! Proud moment!!! Listen though, we set those goals with the realization that we were going to have to really kick it into gear!! I mean seriously kick it in high gear. So we sold, and McDonald's was no longer my best friend, and we learned how to be a tad more content. We sold the Tahoe, the motorcycle, the pickup, stuff in the house and outside of the house. We quit using even our debit card!!! I KNOW!!!! CRAZY!!!! Only cash!! It was HORRIBLE!! And it has paid off AMAZINGLY!! Because of those little sacrifices we have seen absolutely astonishing results. We have paid off over 12k worth of debt since Nov. 4th of 2011. In about a week that number will go up to 19k and we will also put a roof on our house. We have focused intensity down!!!! We are doing what we can take that up a notch.

Over Time

Whew, wait for this!! Exciting stuff. On the Dave Ramsey website they have a debt snowball tool. I know there are other places on the web with that kind of tool as well. You input all your debt, payment amounts and interest rates, and out pops how long it will take you to pay it off. We put all our info in in November. Out popped a date of three years later being debt free!! Three years!!! Mind you this doesn't include the houses. Still, three years! I couldn't wait that long (patience is not one of my strong character traits). So we did the above and sold and I worked a few evenings and our three years has turned into less than a year and a half. In half the time of the original time frame (I am hoping for half of that ;)) we will be screaming that we are debt free. Over time. . . I have learned that you, with God's help can change what should happen into what could happen. It's amazing, I promise.

Multiplied by God

Let me just give you a run down of only a few things God has done for us since Nov. 4th. I say for us, but I think you will be excited what he is doing for others as well. We started this because of one of Tommy's co-workers. He and his wife are burning through the Dave Ramsey plan like a wildfire out of control!! They lit a fire under us! SO THANKFUL for that. God worked through them. We have paid off 12k (I know I am like a broken record). Because of that we have been able to give! We have been able to give the gift of financial education. Our church is going to have a Financial Peace University. We have been able to sponsor a little girl, send her and her family Christmas. We have been able to be content. We have been able to see that our plans were WRONG and by following God's plans we have been beyond blessed. We have Faith like never before. I haven't had a job in two years. Being a mom became a priority two years ago. We had a lot more money two years ago and a ton more debt. We live on half the income now, yet because of God's multiplied blessings, we live with almost no debt. We are literally over halfway through our debt snowball, and I give all the credit to God. We have had checks come in the mail from strangers!! Strangers!!! Do you even know how much God loves you, how he sees your struggles and wants to help. He WANTS to help!!!! I just can't get over the amount of help he will give to people.

Unstoppable Momentum

I know you have all heard most of the above before, but you need to hear some of it again. God uses us to help others. We aren't supposed to throw all our eggs in a basket and then hoard them. They will just rot and you will get sick. If you share, bless others, you can 'feed' a ton of people. Let me tell you, you benefit by that. As I have told you our church is hosting a financial peace class. The class costs around $95 to attend per couple, but because of sponsors, the class was only going to cost about $25 per couple. Get this though, Tommy called me this morning and said he was handed a personal check for $1000. They wanted to help so that no one would have to pay for this class!! Now you tell me that God doesn't work for his people!!!! How absolutely awesome is our God!! How awesome is it that there are amazing people out there that are willing to follow God's principles and that they not only are able to give but receive God's blessings

So keep that equation in mind Focused intensity over Time multiplied by God equals Unstoppable Momentum. Fi/TxGod=UM

Focus on whatever you need to work on in your life that is pleasing to God, do it with intensity, believe and have faith and through God and you will be Unstoppable!!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment